Creamy Mediterranean Paninis
(Courtesy of Health.com)
Packed with vegetables, this Mediterranean-style panini is the healthiest and most satisfying sandwich you’ll ever make. Roasted red peppers add sweetness and color, and provide more than half the recommended-daily intake of immunity-boosting vitamin C. Basil, black olives, zucchini, provolone cheese, olive oil, and a dab of mayo are the other flavorful ingredients sandwiched between two pieces of rustic bread.
– Prep Time: 20 minutes
– Cook Time: 4 minutes
– Yield: 4
– 1/2 cup Hellmann’s® or Best Foods® Mayonnaise Dressing with Olive Oil, divided
– 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
– 2 tablespoons finely chopped oil-cured black olives
– 8 slices rustic whole grain bread (about 1/2-inch thick)
– 1 small zucchini, thinly sliced
– 4 slices provolone cheese
– 1 jar (7 oz.) roasted red peppers, drained and sliced
1. Combine 1/4 cup Hellmann’s® or Best Foods® Mayonnaise Dressing with Olive Oil, basil with olives in small bowl. Evenly spread bread slices with mayonnaise mixture, then layer 4 bread slices with zucchini, provolone, peppers and bacon. Top with remaining 4 bread slices.
2. Spread remaining Mayonnaise on outside of sandwiches and cook in 12-inch nonstick skillet or grill pan over medium heat, turning once, until sandwiches are golden brown and cheese is melted, about 4 minutes.
I would like to invite all of you to sign up for our KJensifyme Healthy | BioTrust Newsletter. Each newsletter is information on Healthy Choices as well as easy access to great coaches online! Sign up here: http://eepurl.com/bYApvH
And/ or http://eepurl.com/cf_KH9