Cajun Chicken Stuffed With Pepper Jack Cheese & Spinach
Wanting some Cajun style for dinner? Here is the perfect recipes for Cajun Chicken.stuffed with pepper Jack Cheese and spinach! A meal done Louisianna Style!
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
4 oz pepper jack cheese, shredded (you can use up to 6 oz)
1 c frozen spinach, thawed and drained (you can also use fresh cooked spinach)
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp Cajun seasoning – click here for my homemade Cajun spice recipe
1 tbsp breadcrumbs (I use Italian style)
Sea salt, to taste
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Lots of toothpicks
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Flatten the chicken to 1/4-inch thickness. Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
3. In a medium bowl, combine the pepper jack cheese, spinach, salt and pepper.
4. Combine the Cajun seasoning and breadcrumbs together in a small bowl.
5. Spoon about 1/4 c of the spinach mixture onto each chicken breast. Roll each chicken breast tightly and fasten the seams with several toothpicks. This part requires a tiny bit of skill and I typically use about 8 toothpicks in each roll to ensure none of the filling seeps out. Be sure to count how many total toothpicks were used!
6. Brush each chicken breast with the olive oil. Sprinkle the Cajun seasoning mixture evenly over all. Make sure you get underneath, too. Sprinkle any remaining spinach and cheese on top of chicken (optional).
7. Place the chicken seam-side up onto a tin foil-lined baking sheet (for easy cleanup). Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
8. Remove the toothpicks before serving. Count to make sure you have removed every last toothpick. Serve whole or slice into medallions. Enjoy!