FUDGY GLUTEN-FREE CREAM CHEESE BROWNIES
YIELD Makes 16 bars
ACTIVE TIME 20 minutes
TOTAL TIME 1 hour, plus cooling
– For the cream cheese swirl:
– 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
– 1/4 cup sugar
– 1 large egg, room temperature
– 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
– For the brownies:
– 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus more for pan
– 1/4 cup cornstarch
– 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
– 1 tablespoon instant coffee or espresso powder
– 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
– 9 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
– 1 cup sugar
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 3 large eggs, room temperature
– Special Equipment
– An 8x8x2″ baking pan
– Make the cream cheese swirl:
– Using an electric mixer on high speed, beat cream cheese and sugar in a large bowl until smooth. Add egg and vanilla and beat until smooth.
– Make the brownies:
– Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter baking pan and line with 2 overlapping layers of parchment, leaving a 2″ overhang on all sides. Butter parchment.
– Whisk cornstarch, cocoa powder, coffee, and salt in a small bowl.
– Combine chocolate and 6 Tbsp. butter in a large heatproof bowl set over a pot of barely simmering water, stirring occasionally, until butter and chocolate are melted and smooth. Remove from heat, then stir in sugar and vanilla. Whisk in eggs, one at a time, then whisk in cornstarch mixture until smooth, about 1 minute.
– Transfer batter to prepared pan. Dollop cream cheese mixture over batter, then swirl into batter with a knife or spatula.
– Bake brownies until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with a few moist crumbs attached, about 30 minutes. Transfer pan to a wire rack and let cool completely. Using parchment overhang, transfer brownies to a cutting board. Cut into 4 pieces lengthwise, then 4 pieces crosswise to make 16 bars.
– Do Ahead
– Brownies can be made 3 days ahead. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Making Healthy Choices on Recipe at a time!
★★★★—–>Thank you for sharing my posts! <—–★★★★
¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ FOR DAILY RECIPES, REMEDIES & FUN¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
FOLLOW ME: KJensifyMe Healthy | Katharine on Pinterest, Google+, Linkedin!
★☆★REMEMBER to LIKE, COMMENT, SHARE to continue seeing my posts!★☆★
Follow my Blog at: http://www.kjensifymehealthy.wordpress.com
#gluten_free, #cream_cheese_brownies, #kjensifymehealthy,